Friday, June 12, 2009

Prologue

I so much wanted "bootloader.blogspot.com" as the name of this blog. Somehow it already exists with only one line - on day eight, God created blog.

Well, that so much resembles to my situation. On day 8, I created this blog.

4th June was when my netbook booted for the first time, a white seashell model - eee pc 1008HA. Today on 11th June, it lived those moments again; it again got up for the first time with the same beach wallpaper with the seashell. :)

It's been a roller coaster ride with a lot of twists. Buying a netbook indeed was fun. You got to eliminate the big players like HP, Dell, Lenovo and even Samsung and boil down to a couple. But the fun is not over after buying, especially when you want to install to beta OSes - Windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.04.

It was indeed fun, thought I would pen down a few things, it would be fun to read it in coming years and also if there are any fellow strugglers like me, I hope this blog will help them.

Let me put a disclaimer right away – this blog is going to contain all the material that someone else has found out or devised. It might contain a few steps that can lead to destroying all your data or even making your machine unusable. Following the steps/instructions explained/discussed/mentioned in this blog is purely at the reader's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment